Skip to main content

The Day of My Dream


“The Day of my Dream”


my dream, day, ambition, wish, life

       I still, remember "The Day of my Dream", the first time I experienced and was participating in reality. Living the times of my dream totally involved, arranging, organizing, and running around with a lot of pressure and joy to see the achievement and after the effect of my dream.

      Bangalore Fashion Week (BFW), Asia's biggest fashion and lifestyle fair, is a bi-annual fashion event held in Bangalore, India. Established in 2009, the name follows the International practice of christening the fashion week event after the name of the city in which it is being held. Bangalore Fashion Week is a well-recognized platform for all the people in the fashion industry. Many well-known and established talents showcase their skills here. It also gives an opportunity for the upcoming talents to showcase their skills and expertise.

                                               

      Fashion is a very vast industry to dive in. There' a lot to know about it. But just for a fair idea: Fashion is a popular aesthetic expression at a particular time, place, and in a specific context, especially in clothing, footwear, accessories, makeup, hairstyle, and many more. Whereas a Trend often connotes a peculiar aesthetic expression and often lasting shorter than a season, fashion is a distinctive and industry-supported expression traditionally tied to the fashion season and collections. Style is an expression that lasts over many seasons and is often connected to cultural movements and social markers, symbols, class, and culture.

day, my dream, namrathaji, fashion show

"Have Fun with Fashion to entertain yourself."

      Just while exploring and learning process in my life, I had a great opportunity to design for BFW, and experience all…of that. My first creation was a collection of Bridal wear, which is my passion even today. A dream to see my designs on the ramp, where models wear it with full pride and dignity and flaunt it, media talks, criticizes, and appreciations all about the creation of it.

      Definitely, it was not for my own brand during the learning time but I had an opportunity to design where we were a team of talented people participating. That was my actual first experience for a fashion show as a designer, working from scratch to the final event of a fashion show. The Creative process included: 

  • Trend Research to sketches and designing
  • Project Planning to measurements
  • Textures to weaving embroideries and embellishments
  • Handling creation to wrapping up
  • Preliminaries to final changes along with many design iterations. 

      Being part of the complete process and showcasing the contemporary collection of Bridal clothing was such a big opportunity. Working on such a huge project with early days and late nights, with a lot of enthusiasm and boosted energy, was fun with many beautiful memories to cherish. The imagination transferred to our design sheets, with all the details of the outfit, looks so stunning, and the happiness of creating something new is like OMG.

         Finally, came the last day to showcase our elegant designs with a style statement at BFW, to see the final designs from imagination to the ramp at the great Sheraton Grand luxury hotel in Bangalore. Under the dazzling lights were Bangalore's most glamorous and influential people, all under one roof. It was an evening to remember when I stood among all the big names in the fashion industry, innovative designers, amazing photographers, and so on…   

bangalore, fashion week, fashion show, dream

      Wow!😍 It was so fascinating, fun-filled day with great opportunities to network with the fashion industry's most successful people and gain professional exposure.

        Many of you have been asking about the fashion industry and my experience in this part of the glamorous world. I have tried to answer as much as possible, however, if you want to know anything more, let me know in my comment box. I shall try and answer them in my upcoming blogs.

         For freshers in the Fashion industry, this is the place (prestigious fashion shows) you get a prologue to the industry, however, it absolutely depends upon what your dreams are and what you want to achieve in life.

 

"Timeless memories of the first experience."

"I accept the grand adventure of being me."

 

If you liked this post and would like to share any of your experiences, do comment below!

You can connect me at:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Namrathaji

Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/namrathaji/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Namrathaji-101766461617970/


 

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Of Namrathaji

Intro Of Namratha Hello Wonderful People!             Welcome to the journey of my life! Here's a small intro of Namratha , to know me a little more;  I’m Namratha , a fashion designer cum digital creator from Bangalore, India. Being creative-minded, I have excelled in apparel and fashion design from NIFT and TNOU and also in advanced digital marketing courses from NIDM.        As a Founder of “Namratha” fashion couture  and experienced in the industry for many years, I have been designing costumes for Sandalwood movies  and celebrities.   "Aghora" is one of my first debut Kannada movies from Moksha films. I have also shared my designer outfits for famous Kannada serials like Kavyanjali, Manasa Sarovara, and many others.      I have designed for cultural Fashion Shows like Taj Mahotsav 2023 in Agara, where the program was inaugurated by SP Singh Baghel and former Minister of State Mr. Ramsakal Gurjar.  I was representing Karnataka's culture and was honored by rece

10 Best face packs at home for this Monsoon 2020

  10 Best face packs at home for this Monsoon 2020 "Skincare is essential, makeup is a choice." Ah, here's the sweetness of monsoon! Rain-drenched landscapes, romantic drives, and comfortable evenings with loved ones. Can’t get better than this, right?  The Indian monsoon is amazing, it a season of care and affection; thus the season I love. Monsoon is a season dominated by the humid, slowly sweeps across the country, and brings a dramatic change in the season and the nature of our health and skin too. During the monsoon, attention towards your skin is very essential, because it will react to wetness and moistness within the atmosphere . If you suddenly notice oily skin and acne blast on your face, then don't get anxious, simply do these simple DIY ,   10 best face packs at home for this monsoon 2020 , which both men and women can use to boost your skin health and beauty . "BEAUTIFUL SKIN NEEDS A COMMITMENT, NOT A MIRACLE." Best homemade face packs f