Skip to main content

How did you Celebrate your 2020 Quarantine Birthday?

How did you Celebrate your Quarantine Birthday?


celebration, quarantine-birthday, 2020, pandemic

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well! 

        A very happy and special Birthday wishes for all who had or have their birthday during this quarantine or lockdown period.
I've been talking to my friends who are rather bummed out about the low-key birthday celebrations this year 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic. I feel it's an opportunity to celebrate your special day in a unique and unforgettable manner, virtual birthday for the first time ever. So, how did you celebrate your 2020 quarantine birthday?

        It's something so many of us will be facing on these bases – a birthday, big or small, spent without the family and all your besties. But, whilst our usual plans are on hold during the lockdown, it doesn't mean the fun has to stop altogether!

        I'm not about to let a little lockdown stop me anyway! Here's my inside scoop on what I had in store, a virtual birthday, and a step-by-step guide to making your birthday celebrations a smashing success…



How I celebrated my birthday during the lockdown

        I just celebrated my birthday on June 17th, and although it may not be a huge milestone, I am the type of person who finds any reason which calls for a celebration.

        For the past five years (rain or shine), I've celebrated my birthday in a famous restaurant and outing. This usually involves a week's preparations recreating my episode of joviality spending hours upon hours deliberating a theme and covering every inch of the house in bunting.

        Fuelling the buzz of party prep is the excitement of getting everyone together and catching up with those I don't always get to see. But this year's annual celebration will be looking a little different.

       So, me being a foodie too, I've created my step-by-step guide, in true party planner fashion, to help you plan your ultimate lockdown birthday…. It's all about making sure everyone can be involved, we can keep in touch and all stay together, whilst we're apart - so let the fun commence!

The Food

        I planned a menu of my favorite non-vegetarian (you can replace it with your favorite food) dishes for myself and very few of my friends and family who joined me to make it a special day.

        And all other friends and families enjoying the taste straight from the kitchens, with a delicious section of verities of food they would love to enjoy. And seeing is all about sharing, all eating in the comfort of their own home. To add on there are so many apps that are a fab way to gather virtually.

The menu is as follows:

Khushka: is a rice dish of south Asian origin made with spices, and ghee. It's a lunch dish, primarily served with korma or non-vegetarian gravy. 

Mutton chops: a green thick gravy with more chilies, pepper, and coriander.



Egg schezwan fry: is a kind of masalas added to a little oil and more of onions. It's a spicy dish with boiled eggs bought to a crispy fry.



Fish fry: a fish named "Bangada" which is was served as a starter with different Indian spices added to it. 

Soft drink: A cold lime mint soda with a pinch of salt-n-spice and added ice cubes.

Salad: with some fresh raw cucumber, onions and tomatoes sliced.


Desserts: Indian style dessert which is coconut burfi and homemade chiroti (pair peni), a cake made by my mom, and a pastry gift from my friend who is also a chef.


Falooda, Fruit salad with ice cream, and lots of chocolates to complete the full birthday bash.

The Music



                No party is complete without a playlist – whatever the vibe! To make sure we're still blasting out those DJ party beats, I had pre-created a playlist on Spotify for my besties t0 tune into, and a virtual dance party with full music. 

The Entertainment

        And finally, would it really be a birthday bash without belting out some karaoke? My friends and I had pulled together a list of classics using soundtracks from YouTube, ready for our Grammy-winning performances and some retro Bollywood songs.


The Dress

        Wear an outfit that makes you feel great. Whether you feel like wearing your PJs or formal attire, dress up a little different than the usual days, and make sure you create crazy memories and capture lots of pictures while you relish the mug cake!

        Despite the fully-loaded party prep, I've loved every minute of planning. And although we won't all be in the same room, I'm really looking forward to a virtual get together – I'm sure it will be a birthday to remember!





Never stop creating memories!

How did you celebrate your Quarantine Birthday?

If you liked the post, do share your thoughts in the comment box below! 

I would love to hear from you!

And don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get the latest updates in your inbox.



You can also connect me on: 






  

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply!
      Did you celebrate your Birthday in 2020? Do share your experience.

      Regards
      Namrathaji

      Delete
  2. Nice.. Looks like you really enjoyed and had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course yes, so can anyone!
      Creating memories and happiness is what matters ✌

      Stay safe and stay happy!😊

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you for your response. Yeah, it was really exited to celebrate my birthday in a unique way and was a smashing success.. Why let go an opportunity of celebrating any special day that can bring out happiness and smile on any face?

      A Virtual birthday celebration with a grand success spreading smiles and hopes!
      Stay safe! Never stop creating Happiness!

      Delete
  4. Woah! That cake looks delicious!

    We also celebrated my Sister's Quarantine Birthday, got her a masked Unicorn Cake and also, baked one:
    https://youtu.be/fa9oCWht0BE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! nice to share your experience Rishnita Bhandari 😊✌

      Delete
  5. Missed the good celebration and good food hope u recreate it😊😊😊 very soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Hope you are doing well! Call for a celebration can happen any time but for birthday you will have to wait for another year 😁

      Stay connected will have one soon!

      Delete
  6. Good Birthday 🍰 Celebration . Ms Gemini ♊️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Of Namrathaji

Intro Of Namratha Hello Wonderful People!             Welcome to the journey of my life! Here's a small intro of Namratha , to know me a little more;  I’m Namratha , a fashion designer cum digital creator from Bangalore, India. Being creative-minded, I have excelled in apparel and fashion design from NIFT and TNOU and also in advanced digital marketing courses from NIDM.        As a Founder of “Namratha” fashion couture  and experienced in the industry for many years, I have been designing costumes for Sandalwood movies  and celebrities.   "Aghora" is one of my first debut Kannada movies from Moksha films. I have also shared my designer outfits for famous Kannada serials like Kavyanjali, Manasa Sarovara, and many others.      I have designed for cultural Fashion Shows like Taj Mahotsav 2023 in Agara, where the program was inaugurated by SP Singh Baghel and former Minister of State Mr. Ramsakal Gurjar.  I was representing Karnataka's culture and was honored by rece

The Day of My Dream

“The Day of my Dream”        I still, remember  "T he Day of my Dream", the  first time I experienced and was participating in reality. Living the times of my dream totally involved, arranging, organizing, and running around with a lot of pressure and joy to see the achievement and after the effect of my dream.       Bangalore Fashion Week (BFW) , Asia's biggest fashion and lifestyle fair, is a bi-annual fashion event held in Bangalore, India. Established in 2009, the name follows the International practice of christening the fashion week event after the name of the city in which it is being held. Bangalore Fashion Week is a well-recognized platform for all the people in the fashion industry. Many well-known and established talents showcase their skills here. It also gives an opportunity for the upcoming talents to showcase their skills and expertise.                                                       Fashion is a very vast industry to dive in. There' a lot t